четверг, 4 октября 2012 г.

My Heart's in the Highlands


My heart's in the Highlands
My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer; 
Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe, 
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.

Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North, 
The birth-place of Valour, the country of Worth ; 
Wherever I wander, wherever I rove, 
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love. 

Farewell to the mountains, high-cover'd with snow, 
Farewell to the straths and green vallies below; 
Farewell to the forests and wild-hanging woods, 
Farewell to the torrents and loud-pouring floods. 

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here, 
My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer; 
Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe, 
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.
Robert Burns

16 комментариев:

  1. I didn't hear this poem before and I hope it will be easy to learn.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. S.Marshak,as I remember ,translated this poem.And I think Russian version is not worse than original)))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. You are right. One of translations belongs to Marshak.

    С. Маршак: В ГОРАХ МОЕ СЕРДЦЕ
    (Из Роберта Бернса)

    В горах мое сердце... Доныне я там.
    По следу оленя лечу по скалам.
    Гоню я оленя, пугаю козу.
    В горах мое сердце, а сам я внизу.

    Прощай, моя родина! Север, прощай,-
    Отечество славы и доблести край.
    По белому свету судьбою гоним,
    Навеки останусь я сыном твоим!

    Прощайте, вершины под кровлей снегов,
    Прощайте, долины и скаты лугов,
    Прощайте, поникшие в бездну леса,
    Прощайте, потоков лесных голоса.

    В горах мое сердце... Доныне я там.
    По следу оленя лечу по скалам.
    Гоню я оленя, пугаю козу.
    В горах мое сердце, а сам я внизу!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. It's better for you not to read the translation coz I want YOU to translate it (try to do it)...:)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. Oh.:-D I think it will be funny because I translated none poem before.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. Oh, thanks. I'm glad it was pleasant to you. And I'm so sorry I can't to see your blog.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. you can enter my blog easily. I'm in permanent readers of your blog as Amy lee.I hope you'll like it))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  8. by the way)),my comment about the beauty of new design was addressed to Angelika Shamilovna)).Let's it was for you both))))))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  9. :-D:-D:-D:-Dreally? I thought you addressed it to me.:-D:-D:-D:-D I am sorry.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  10. And what about this poem, Angelika Shamilovna. When will we learn it by heart?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  11. Shazu,send me please the material for wiki.we should put our mind to it.time and tide wait for no man...

    ОтветитьУдалить
  12. I know it. But I can't do anything with those who sid nor bring material to me. And I must to wait like you.

    ОтветитьУдалить